Go east of Innisfail on Hwy 590 for 12 km, then south for 6.4 km on Rge Rd 27-2 to a T-intersection (Twp Rd 35-0). Turn west. Loaded Lagoon is on both sides of the road. Continue west to next intersection (Twp Rd 27-4) and go south for 2.4 km. Turn east on Twp Rd 34-4A. Follow this road past the curve in the road. Stop at pull out just past the curve. Davey Lake is on the west side of the road.
The Red Deer River Naturalists are not liable for any injury or damage whatsoever caused to yourself or others by using this guide.
- ~ Use discretion when venturing into natural habitat.
- ~ Do not trespass on private land.
- ~ Some sites allow livestock grazing.
- ~ Some sites allow hunting.
- ~ Some sites in western regions are in bear/cougar habitat. Take all necessary precautions.
More birds will be seen in the spring and summer seasons but all locations will have some winter birds. Typical and common species can be expected for each habitat described. Large deep lakes typically attract migrating waterfowl (ducks, swans, and geese).